Very Soon Google Glasses are rolling off the assembly line, Let's have first look at the technical specs behind the high-tech and much awaited spectacles.
The powerful eye-ware will be capable of capturing 5 MP images and video at a resolution of 720p. The first glimpse of the eye-wear's hardware come as the Web giant sent out an e-mail today to everyone on the Glass Explorers list to say that a few of the $1,500 wearable devices had already come off the production line.
It will also feature 16GB of Flash storage synced with Google cloud storage, of which 12GB will be usable. The headset will sport Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, although it will be at the older and slower 802.11 B/G standards.
The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.
- High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos: 5 MP Camera
- Videos: 720p
Audio: Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi - 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, Glass is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long and prosperous Glass use.
- Any Bluetooth-capable phone.